Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Changes are coming

We are in the new house! It has been a fun and eventful last few days. We had so many helpers Saturday morning that the move was unevenful and went fairly smooth. Thank you everyone who helped out!! Next came the unpacking and unfortunately water problems. Right when Joe and I were ready for a shower Saturday night we realized that the hot water heater wasn't on. lol So we turn it on and do some other things for a bit then headed to a shower. On Monday Joe left for work and took my phone with him so I was here at the house with no car, no phone (the cell doesn't work anyway and the home phone was in an unmarked box, lol) and to top it all no clock!! All of the clocks were wrong so I didn't know what time it was all day. The kids and I ate when hungry and slept when tired and I kind of guessed when it was dark enough to start dinner. lol It was hard to do and as I write it now I am reminded of Rhonda's post over at the Down to Earth blog about this. I loved reading how free she is with her time. (I'd link it but that would require opening a new window which just might freeze my dial up internet up, lol) Also about halfway through the day our water turned brown, really brown! It was awful, we had no water and I had to send Joe to the store as soon as he got home. Luckily there is a tiny little Mercantile about 1/2 mile away. Needless to say we have water in the pantry should it happen again, which actually we probably should have even more water in there anyway in case of disaster or something. Okay I am rambling. back to the house. I LOVE IT!! It is so big and the outside is wonderful. The kids run and roam and the the chickens really like their little section as well. Though they have taken to laying in the bushes in the soft grass right behind the blackberry bushes. :) I need to find a good plant identification guide as there are sooooo many plants here. I would love a recomendation if anyone has one! Feel free to leave it here in the comments. The owner loved gardening and there are many raised beds, lots of flower gardens, bushes, and trees. So far I think I identified found blueberry bushes, raspberry bushes, lots of strawberries, several Rhododendrons, an apple tree, and lots of rose bushes. I cannot wait for spring and see what blooms. We were told that there will be things blooming from spring to fall and I cannot wait. I feel like a kid in a candy store, the anticipation is killing me. :)

And now on to the changes. I love posting pictures but I fear that will happen less often. I am going to try and get some pictures of the outside next rain break and give it a go. I will post inside pictures when its unpacked and pretty. Right now it looks like a junkyard. :) I am also going to be removing some of the sidebar things on the blog that make the loading slow. It only took 3 minutes or so to load today so its really not as bad as I imagined it would be. :) Most likely the Hyena Cart link will be gone or changed to a still image or text only and possibly the widget of where everyone comes from will dissapear as it took a while to load just that item. I do love that the internet is not a big pull for me right now. I used to check my blogs and email several times through out the day and now I pop on real quick as most things will not load very well so I don't even bother trying. :) So hopefully I will see you on here in the next few days or so with some photos!!

2 comments:

Katidids said...

Congrats on the new place! It's always exciting the first year in a new home to watch a garden come alive with all the treasures! We always waited for 2 full seasons to change anything...just to make sure we'd noted what was where. Now to find a place for everything in the house....

Vanessa said...

Thanks for your blog. I found it yesterday and straight away made the home management folder. Great Idea. I have just started my own blog which is similiar in theme to yours. I'd love it if you could find the time to have a little look at it and tell me what you think.
www.green-ness.blogspot.com
thanks
Vanessa