Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Poem by Peggy Omara

I read this on someone's blog the other day. Had to share.

There Will Be Time
There is time still
for sitting in cafes
in Paris
sipping wine.
Time still
for going to meet
the guru.
There is time still.
Now I am caring for eternity.
Carrying bodies soft with sleep
to beds of flowered
quilts and pillows.
Answering cries deep out of
nighttime fears.
Buckling shoes.
Opening doors.
Pretending.
My soul now is dwelling in
the house of tomorrow.
Tomorrow there will be time
for long leisurely conversations,
for poems to write,
and dances to perform.
Time still.
So I surrender now
to them and this,
knowing it is they
who will teach me
how to do it all.

Peggy O'Mara

2 comments:

Jess said...

I love it. :) May I borrow this for my blog as well?

Allison said...

Of course its not mine. I took the idea from Lisa. :)