Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Reclaiming the Garden

A recent storm did some damage to the pea plants and as I was repairing (attempting anyway) them I noticed that the garden was in desperate need of weeding. In some places you could not even see the plants that were supposed to be there. Most of the bok choi had bolted as well as some other crops that were on the way out. I took the weeded garden as an opportunity to move the soaker hose around as well and mulch, mulch, mulch!

There are some holes now that will be filled very soon. I still have not had any success in getting the ground cherries to grow. Not one germinated out of an entire row. :( Try, try again.

What it looks like now. Those holes are calling my name. Plant me! Plant me!!


Carrots, cayenne pepper, and cabbage. Part of Marah's garden (right side) which is so large now its over taking my garden. I have thinned and thinned her garden when she is not looking and its still so full you can't even tell. :)

Lettuce, mesclun, spinach. Sadly I weeded almost half a row of spinach without even noticing. The weeds had overtaken. Such a sad gardener I am.

The poor peas. The wind blew them completely off their supports and snapped several of then off at the ground. I have added some more supports but they had started attaching themselves any where they could and are a sad looking lot right now. They had just flowered too.

Potatoes in the front. Way back is squash, zucchini, cucumbers.

Tomatoes, and a tomatillo. I have never grown one before so another new plant this year.
Squash and zucchini.

Cucumbers.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Hi! I stumbled across your blog today. Thanks for reminding me to post some pics of my garden. Yours looks great, I totally understand about the weeds. My onions have kinda disappeared...hopefully they will be alright, its really hard to weed around them! =)