Monday, March 30, 2009

Bread Recipe

I keep getting comments and emails to share my bread recipe. First I will say it is not my recipe. :) I found it on someone elses blog (drawing a blank on who???) and tried it out. Now I just want to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this recipe. It is so easy. It requires no kneading and it keeps in the fridge for a few weeks, that is if it lasts that long. We have yet to make it three days with a batch of this bread. I love that I can make so many different things with this one recipe by just adding different ingredients. I have made Naan, dinner rolls, sandwich buns, loaves, cinnamon rolls, and even made it in a loaf pan for white sandwich bread. I also use the whole wheat recipe, which is several pages in to the article. I make at least 2 or 3 batches of ww dough a week and we use it for toast, sandwiches, everything. I do find that I get less loaves per batch but I make them really big. :) So no more from me here is the recipe:


Okay just a little more from me. The article suggests reading the whole article/recipe before you start. Take their advice. lol There are lots of tips in there on how to handle this gooey, sticky mass of runny wet dough. It took me several batches before I understood how to shape the loaf. The ww dough is even wetter! Each recipe has a different technique on how to do it, well the artisan loaf and the ww anyway. I have not made the other recipes just made variations of my own. So go enjoy some fresh bread!

Today's loaves of ww sandwich bread baking in the oven


Tonight's sandwich rolls rising for Salmon sandwiches.


1 comment:

Amoreena said...

This is the bread recipe I use. It's so versatile! They have a blog where they show you other things you can do with it. I've done bagels, pita bread, English muffins, etc.

You can find it here: http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/