Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Giving Up Control

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11
Giving control of my life to God is one of the hardest things I try to do.  I say try because time and time again I find myself trying to control that which I know nothing about.  I make my plans, and plan my future only to find out the hard way that God has something else planned for me.

As much as I plan in life God has another plan for me.  I keep seeing this over and over and over in my life.  Joe and I make plans and something better happens.  We make plans and they crumble and fall.  Yet time and time again God blesses us.  He gives and gives and gives to us and though sometimes we feel we don't deserve it or we use these gifts stupidly he does it again.  It truly amazes me how awesome our God is.

The roller coaster ride we are on right now is full of twists and turns.  I cannot see what is going to happen next week or even tomorrow.  I can only pray and give up my control to the only One who knows what to do.  I pray that we can open up our hearts to listen to him and center our lives around his plan.  I pray that we can learn to use His gifts wisely.  That we continue to grow closer to each other through Him.  That as His plan unfolds for our family we can embrace it, accept it, and use our God given gifts to further Him.  I am humbled by what is going on in our lives and so thankful that we are so blessed.
I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

No comments: