Thursday, June 2, 2011

Finding Joy

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
This is my focus lately.  I found this verse when searching for verses to string together for a homework project for women's group.  I need more joy, I need to give thanks.  I find myself feeling very ungrateful lately.  Not that I want more, cause I don't, I want less.  Less this, less that, less work, less laundry, less loneliness.  I am really struggling with this, finding joy in all things!

Instead of being thankful
I complain,
complain about the hours
grumble about the laundry
whine
moan
feel lonely in a house full of gifts from God
I get grumpy
yell
snap
lose my joy because I am not being thankful in ALL things.
I hide

I work on this.  Daily, hourly, every minute.

For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,
Do not fear; I will help you.
Isaiah 41:13

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.  O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever.
Psalm 30:11, 12



1 comment:

Andrea said...

I too have been having my fair share of down days recently. I hope things start looking up real soon for you.