Thursday, February 10, 2011

Large Family Logistics

I have never really thought of our family as "large." When I think of large I think of the Duggars. lol I love reading about large families, I think they are wonderful! We have 4 kids and 2 adults and hope to adopt older children when our kids are a bit older so we will most likely be getting bigger in the next 5 or so years. I can't even imagine how families of 10+ children manage their household, I struggle with the laundry and day to day with just our 4. Four kids, while fun, does make for a need to be organized and planned. If I miss laundry one day it takes me a week to catch up, same with dishes. One meal is 6 plates, 6 cups, 6 silverware. Times that by three meals and 2 snacks a day and well you get the picture. I don't even own enough dishes to eat all those meals without loading the dishwasher at least once. lol From cleaning to meal planning to homeschooling and activities, we need it to be planned as much as possible!



I read about this book over on another mamas blog and had to go visit the website. It was a pretty good read. After hearing about the book again on another mama of 4's blog I decided to get it. I am always open to bits of advice from others who have been there and done that. The reviews on amazon are wonderful and I hope it is as good as I think it will be. Crazy that I am now at a point in my life where a book on family organization is exciting. lol I will let you know what I think after I've read it.

So are you a Mom of Many? What are your favorite tips for running a smooth household? I'd love to hear about it in the comments.

No comments: