Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Today was one of those days you truly learn to enjoy living in the rainy PNW. The sun peeked out on and off most of the morning and I watched with anticipation hoping it would fully come out. It did! By afternoon the kids were outside trying out Madeline's new sidewalk paint set. I sat there watching them and just soaking in the sunshine. It was warm enough for no coats and the view was beautiful. I can see all the way across the river to OR from the front of the house. Its blocked a bit by trees and a few house roofs but still it was pretty. We had huge clouds all around, some white as can be and some that looked like they might dump on us at any moment. I love these days when I can turn off the heaters and air out the house.

The living room is coming along nicely, I hung my butterflies on the wall. Years and years ago a friend of mine worked in a shop that sold butterflies that are raised specifically for framing. They live only about 10 or so days and die. Locals to where they are grown raise them and frame them for sale. I have quite a few of them and they are some of my favorite decoration like items in my house.

After 8 years I finally poured the sand from the beach my husband and I went to on our honeymoon into a jar. It has sat in a bag since then waiting for me to do something crafty with. I poured it into a simple glass vase and put some of the driftwood and shells in there on top. It looks really nice and I have been looking at it fondly all day, remembering our honeymoon.

Still no photos as Joe needs to load the camera software, if its unpacked that is! Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

No comments: