Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hoping for Spring

Still no photos.  We are mid decision on getting me a laptop or buying a new monitor for the big desktop.  We are not going to do any work on getting the photo software up and going until we decide this.

Woke up to about 2 inches of snow this morning.  I was so hoping for spring time being just around the corner.  So much that I set up my greenhouse two days ago.  lol  After the rain and snow I discovered that there is one part of the roof that collects water so I need to figure out something to prevent this.  We get a lot of rain so I want to take care of it as soon as possible.  Was really surprised to find it about 80 degrees in there even though it was about 30 something outside.  Maddy is really excited to start a pumpkin to grow for fair this year.  I am going to fix the roof problem before we do any planting in there.  I am so excited to have a green house!  It was just a cheap one but it will serve its purpose until we buy a house and can have a more permanent one.

We have added several new chickens to our little urban homestead.  4 for a new laying flock and 3 new bantams for Maddy's 4H.  The bantams are super cute, I just love bantams.  As we are in the city now we are going to stay at 4 chickens in our laying flock.  I think legally we are only supposed to have three, shhh don't tell.  :)  We now have a Australorp, Buff Orpington, Wyandotte, and a sexlink.  The person we bought from said they were Golden Sexlink but we have had those before and she doesn't look anything like them.  She looks more like a red Sexlink but we are not sure.  Maddy is going to do some research and figure it out for us.

Well I am off to chores for the afternoon.  The sun is peeking through the clouds and the kids are hoping for more snow.  Hope you are having a good week.

No comments: