Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mothers Day 2009

Mothers Day was great this year. Church in the morning and then a day filled with chores. Chores? Yes I said great and chores in the same sentence. lol I cleaned the chicken coop, made a new door in the coop, gardened, caught up on laundry. Cleaning the chicken coop is like a relaxing vacation here. The one not cleaning gets the kids, the one cleaning gets some peace and quiet!

Dinner was homemade hamburgers and sweet potato fries. Dessert was delicious! Ice cream bars YUM! The kids and Joe gave me the Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Crafts and I spent the evening perusing the pages once it was dark. I am so excited now about glass etching!

I hung laundry on the line and loved folding it in the evening. The kids were in bed, it was me the fresh evening air and the chickens. I can fold with out thinking so as I worked my way down the clothesline I chicken watched, sunset watched, and just enjoyed the spring twilight.

It was a wonderful and relaxing day at home with my family. What more could a mom ask for?

No comments: