Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe

There are so many wonderful cookies out there. Chocolate chip cookies are a a favorite standby here in our house. I can go from "Mom can we make cookies?" to "YUM!" in less than 20 minutes. This recipe comes together in less than 5 minutes (excluding baking time, add more time if you have helpers) and is incredibly good. I always add extra vanilla to almost any recipe I make. The measurements on this one have been adjusted to make up for what I think I am adding extra. I just pour it in but have guessed at the amount of vanilla. We prefer our cookies chewy and I find that for my oven 10 minutes is the perfect time. Removing them from the cookie sheet when they have just set is also important as they continue to bake on the sheet once out of the oven. Happy Baking!


Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup Butter
¾ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup sugar
2 ½ tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 ¼ cups flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 to 2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375. In a bowl stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg. Beat well, scraping sides of bowl if needed. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix well. Add desired amount of chocolate chips. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Place each ball 2 inches apart. Bake in a preheated oven for 10-13 minutes. Remove from oven; let sit one minute and remove to cool on cooling rack.

No comments: